What is The Etsy Market?
The Etsy Market is series of virtual shopping events created by Etsy that pop up across different cities around the world. Over the past 2 years, with Etsy’s help, Vancouver Etsy Co has hosted 4 virtual markets!
This year, #theetsymarket will look a bit different. It will span over the course of 2 weeks instead of 2 days and will focus on the lookbook rather than a separate event page as the jump off point for shopping!
The Etsy Market 2022 Dates
- May 6 to 20 (applications close April 15)
- July 15 to 29 (applications close June 1)
- November 11 to 26 (applications close Oct 1)
Some of the benefits of participating in the Etsy Virtual Market
A virtual market is not only about sales, it is also a huge marketing opportunity, which has ripple effects long after the market closes.
- Participate in the virtual market concurrently with other markets
- Etsy is trusted & well known for quality sellers/products
- There has been a substantial increase in Canadians shopping online since the onset of the pandemic that is expected to continue
- Exposure to a new customer base – concentrated locally (but also to a wider audience)
- Boost in SEO from published vendor lists and look book that remain online
- Participation in Lookbook (The holiday and spring look book had 33,000 and 23,000 impressions respectively)
- Motivation to take a fresh look at your shop by investing energy in your shop listings, photos and marketing
- Build traction on your Etsy shop (increases in visits, sales and reviews will help you rank higher in the Etsy search algorithm)
- Promotion from Etsy Corporate (market listing on their site, localized email sent to customers)
- VEC promotion through blog, FB and IG advertising and newsletter distribution
Applications are now OPEN for the Etsy Market. You can apply for all three markets with one applications*.
*Acceptance to one market does not indicate acceptance to all markets – shops must be in good standing and compliant with all policies set by Etsy.